Gourmet Oysters A La Casino
|Oysters||2 Dozen, unshucked|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Roquefort cheese||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the oysters thoroughly in cold water and rinse them.
2) Shuck the oysters and retain the deep half.
3) Take a colander and place the oysters in it to drain.
4) Keep the oysters aside.
5) Take the slices of bacon and cut them longitudinally. Cut each half further into three in a crosswise manner.
6) Keep the bacon slices aside.
7) Take a broiling pan and arrange the oyster half shells along with the oyster on the rack.
8) Add a bacon slice over each oyster shell.
9) Mix the green peppers and onion together and place a spoonful on top of each oyster.
10) Take a small saucepan and melt butter in it.
11) Add Worcestershire sauce and cheese to the butter and cook over low flame, stirring all the while until the cheese melts.
12) Add a spoonful of sauce to each oyster.
13) Broil the oysters by keeping it 4 inches away from the direct heat for 10 minutes.
14) Serve it with any garnishing of your choice.