|Oysters||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Boiled potatoes||500 Gram|
|Tamarind pulp||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
1. Put the oysters into clean, fresh water. Remove beard and open shell. Drain the liquid inside the shell and set aside.
2. Grate coconut and make 2 extractions (1/2 cup thick and 1/2 cup thin milk).
3. Peel and quarter potatoes. Slice onions. Heat about 1 1/2 tbsp. oil. Fry onions till soft and light brown. Add curry powder. Fry for a few minutes.
4. Add a little of the oyster liquid and stir well. Add oysters and stir gently. Keep covered for 5 minutes. Add thin coconut milk and' bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and the thick coconut milk, tamarind pulp and garam masala powder.
5. Simmer till the gravy is thick and oil floats on top.