Steamed And Deep Fried Dried Oyster Balls
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||3|
|Cracker meal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Soak dried oysters.
2. Shell and devein shrimp; then mince or grind along with pork, fish, scallions, garlic and ginger root.
3. Blend in cornstarch, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing well. Roll soaked oysters in mixture to coat, shaping each into a ball.
4. Place oyster balls on a shallow heatproof dish and steam 20 minutes Let cool, then refrigerate either several hours or overnight.
5. Beat eggs lightly. Dip oyster balls in egg; then dredge in cracker meal (or fine bread crumbs).
6. Meanwhile heat oil. Add oyster balls a few at a time and deep-fry until golden. Drain on paper toweling and serve, with a seafood dip