Stir Fried Dried Oysters And Vegetables
|Oysters||12 , dried|
|Dried black mushrooms||4|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Head of lettuce||1|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Separately soak dried oysters and dried mushrooms.
2. Dice bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and soaked mushrooms. Mince soaked oysters. Cut lettuce in strips; arrange on a serving platter.
3. In one cup, combine sherry, salt, soy sauce and pepper. In another, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
4. Heat oil. Add minced oysters and stir-fry a few times. Add diced vegetables; stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Add sherry mixture; stir-fry 1 minute more. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Spoon mixture over lettuce and serve.