|Minced green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Drop|
1. Preheat oven to hot (400° F.).
2. Place two drained oysters on the deep half of one shell. Arrange filled oyster shells on a layer of rock salt in one large baking pan or six individual shallow casseroles.
3. In a skillet cook the bacon until crisp, remove from the pan, drain and crumble.
4. To the bacon fat add the onion, green pepper and celery and cook until almost tender. Season with lemon juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco.
5. Spoon the mixture on the oysters in the shells and top with the crumbled bacon. Bake ten minutes.