|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Toasted enriched bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oysters||1 Quart (Drained Reserve Liquor)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, green pepper, and garlic; cook about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; discard garlic. Stir in toasted bread crumbs. Set aside.
2. Mix 1/4 cup reserved oyster liquor, cream, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Blend salt, paprika, mace, and Cayenne.
4. Use about a third of crumb mixture to form a layer in bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole. Arrange about half of oysters and half of seasonings over crumbs. Repeat crumb layer, then oyster and seasoning layers. Pour the liquid mixture over all. Top with remaining crumbs.
5. Bake at 375°F 20 to 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and crumbs are golden brown.