|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Toasted enriched bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oysters||1 Quart (Drained Reserve Liquor)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
1. Heat butter in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, green pepper, and garlic; cook about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; discard garlic. Stir in toasted bread crumbs. Set aside.
2. Mix 1/4 cup reserved oyster liquor, cream, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Blend salt, paprika, mace, and Cayenne.
4. Use about a third of crumb mixture to form a layer in bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole. Arrange about half of oysters and half of seasonings over crumbs. Repeat crumb layer, then oyster and seasoning layers. Pour the liquid mixture over all. Top with remaining crumbs.
5. Bake at 375°F 20 to 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated and crumbs are golden brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3311 Calories from Fat 905
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.2%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g228.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 638.4 mg212.8%
Sodium 6740.1 mg280.8%
Total Carbohydrates 450 g150%
Dietary Fiber 34.7 g138.7%
Sugars 54.5 g
Protein 157 g313.7%
Vitamin A 155.2% Vitamin C 196.3%
Calcium 150.7% Iron 374.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet