Papeto Kaleji ( Masala Potato Liver )
|Goat livers||2 Large|
|Garlic||15 Clove (75 gm)|
|Kashmiri red chillies||10|
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Parsi dhansakh powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
1. Soak the red chillies in the vinegar.
2. Peel the potatoes, cut into small square pieces, wash, salt and deep fry till golden. Drain and keep aside.
3. Wash livers and after removing the skin cut into square pieces. Marinate in salt ginger-garlic paste.
4. Grind together the red chillies, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon and Parsi dhansakh powders in the vinegar. Do not use water.
5. Take a clean vessel and add to it three tablespoons of ghee in which the potatoes had been fried. When hot fry the ground masala till an aroma emanates from it and then add the liver and stir for three minutes. Lower the flame. Cover and cook for five minutes.
6. Skin the tomatoes and cut into small pieces and add to the liver. When the liver is cooked add the fried potatoes. Stir and serve.