Kitty's Chicken Cream
|Chicken||1 Pound, cooked|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||8 Ounce|
|Ground mace/Ground nutmeg||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Mince chicken and mix with fresh breadcrumbs.
2. To make cream sauce :
3. In a pan melt 1 oz butter and blend in flour and add milk gradually.
4. When smooth, bring to a boil, stirring constantly and boil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add mace or nutmeg and herbs and let it cool slightly.
6. Add sauce to chicken mixture, stir well, adding remaining butter and beaten egg and season well.
7. In butter a fireproof dish add the mixture, allowing room for chicken cream to rise slightly and cook in oven for 30-35 minutes.
8. Serve the chicken spooning around the cooked gravy on a serving dish.
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.1%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.3 mg55.1%
Sodium 505.4 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 32 g63.6%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet