1. Add cod to a bowl and fill it with plenty of water. Allow the cod to remain in water for about a day.
2. Skin the cod and cook it for about 70 minutes.
3. When the fish becomes cold, flake it and combine it with olive oil, five garlic cloves, soaked breadcrumbs and a pinch of white pepper.
4. For making fried chickpea paste - Boil the water, and add enough chickpea flour to thicken the consistency and stir in bacon and salt. Boil for about seven to eight minutes.
5. Spread over baking sheet to cool and cut the chickpea past using medium sized circular pasta- cutter.
6. For making fishcakes - roll the fish mixture in flour, eggs and fry them in hot oil.
7. Spread the fishcakes on absorbent kitchen paper to wipe out excess oil.
8. Brown the chickpea circles and serve them hot with fishcakes.