Sunrise Bread Snack
|Cream cheese/Cheese spread||3 Tablespoon (Enough To Spread On Bread)|
|Cucumber||1 Small, cut into thin slices without peeling|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange/A few pineapple slices||1|
|Cherries/Grapes /olives||5 , seeded|
|Mint sprigs/Parsley sprig||1|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cut 12-15 thin slices without peeling the cucumber. Mix 1/2 cup vinegar with 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt. Heat vinegar and pour over the cucumber slices kept in a bowl. Mix and keep aside for 30 minutes at least.
2. Slit an orange segment lengthwise and open it like a butterfly. Cut the butterfly into half to get a smaller piece. Keep covered with a plastic wrap till serving time.
3. Toast bread slices till crisp. Cut each slice into fancy shapes with a cookie cutter.
4. Spread some cream cheese or cheese spread. Sprinkle some oregano on it. Keep aside covered with a plastic wrap till serving time.
5. To serve, place a freshly pickled cucumber slice on a piece of bread spread with cheese and oregano. Place an opened 1/2 orange segment on the side of cucumber and top with a cherry or grape or an olive. Place a green leaf on the side too. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.2 mg2.7%
Sodium 558.4 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet