Learn Some Quick And Easy Ideas To Make Lemon Icing
So you have made a delicious cake and now want to frost it with lemon icing? Lemon flavored frosting tastes delicious with any homemade cake and it can be whipped up in a matter of minutes without much of a hassle. Read on for some easy to make recipe ideas for a lipsmacking lemon icing for a homemade cake.
Tips to Make Lemon Icing
- There are two types of glaze that you can put on top of a homemade cake. Use granulated sugar for a sticky glaze.
- If you are looking to make smooth glaze that would harden slightly, what you need is powdered sugar as the base ingredient.
- All you need to make lemon icing is either of these sugars (depending on your taste), some lemon juice and a little vanilla extract.
- Combine all these ingredients in a saucepan and lightly heat it for the sugar to dissolve.
- Taste in between to see if this is exactly the taste you were looking for.
- Go easy on sugar if you want to make lemon icing tangy. Pour more sugar, if you want to keep it sweet.
- Add yellow food coloring to make it a lot more like a lemon cake though it’s completely an optional choice.
- For extra zing, add a tablespoon of lemon curd to the mixture.
- Once, sugar is dissolved, pour it over the cake and wait for it to settle.
But why Lemon flavored icing?
Lemon is known to be a healthy fruit and the juice has many health benefits. Lemon icing is tangy and goes with just about any type of cake except plum cakes or any other fruity flavors. It goes well with cross flavours such as chocolate and banana. It is good at covering up many flavour mistakes too. But if you have made a lemon cake and wants to make lemon icing to go with it, it would be a bad idea. Lemon has a strong flavour and to make lemon icing on a lemon cake would be asking for a big flavour blooper. What’s best with a lemon cake is a very basic icing, like vanilla. But for any other cake, it would be perfect.