How To Make Burnt Orange Food Coloring
If you are looking forward to delight your little one with some colored food, that he will not only enjoy looking at but also eating, then may be I can help you make some funky food coloring. The standard food colorings are blue, red, green, and yellow however f you want to experiment with a unique food color then, let me tell you How To Make Burnt Orange Food Coloring .
List of things required
Red and Yellow Food Colorings
White icing (17 ounces)
Mixing Bowl and spoon
Method of making burnt orange food coloring
- Place the white icing in the mixing bowl.
- Add about 13-14 drops of yellow food coloring to the bowl of white icing. Stir well till the color is completely absorbed by the icing.
- To this mixture, add 4-5 drops of red coloring and stir well. Make sure that the two colors are completely absorbed by the icing.
- This will give you the beautiful burnt orange food coloring. If the color appears lighter than desired then add a drop or two of the red coloring and stir well.
- If the orange color appears too dark or you generally want to tone it down, then add a drop of yellow coloring and stir.
- You can do away with the white icing, and just mix 6 drops of yellowing coloring with 3 drops of red coloring, to make the burnt orange food coloring.
- If you want to make a burnt orange cake, add 40 drops of yellow coloring and 8 drops of red coloring to the cake mix.
- Another very interesting method of making burnt orange food coloring is to combine ground turmeric and beet juice. Go very light on the beet juice.
Go ahead, get innovative and decorate your food and cakes in burnt orange. Have Fun!
Image Credit: palermobakery.com