Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World
Are you a foodie like me? Then this list of Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World is sure to satisfy your appetite. Read on to find more.
Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World
1. Singapore--Singapore undeniably should be on every foodies must-visit list. Itâs on my list of Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World. The city is blessed with culinary history as rich as its extraordinary produce. Singaporean food is as multi-cultural and unique as the island itself. When I visited Singapore I was taken aback by its unique dining experience. Singaporeans are truly passionate about their food. When you visit Singapore just try some local specialties. Satay, Roti Prata, Char Kway Teow (sweet and savory noodles), Chili Crab, Hainanese Chicken Rice, Fried Carrot Cake, Rojak and Barbequed Stingray (served on a banana leaf) should not be missed at any cost!
2. Morocco-- For foodies, Morocco is âstreet foodâ paradise. You don't have to walk very far to find something to eat in Morocco - food carts can be found on almost every street corner at all hours of the day or night. Street food in Morocco is not just a culinary feast, its something more than that. So I would always include it in my list of Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World. An unparalleled adventure! Moroccan cuisine will always surprise you with something new and different. Just be open-minded to try something new. Some of the must tries are Pastilla (a meat pie made with squab or chicken), Tagine (slow cooked lamb or chicken with vegetables and spices), Harira (a thick soup of tomatoes, lentils, chickpeas and meat served on special occasions) and of course Kebabs.
3. Sicily (Italy)âThis has to be on my Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World. I adore the Sicilian fish and seafood prepared with fresh vegetables grown in the fertile soil in the shadow of Mount Etna. Some of the traditional Sicilian dishes that you must try out are Caponeta (a salad of eggplant, olives, capers and celery), Pizza, Crocche (fried potato dumplings), Arancine (fried rice balls), Grilled Swordfish, Snapper, Cuttlefish and Veal Marsala.
Sicilians desserts are a delight too! Cannoli, Cassata, Frutta di Martorana (almond and marzipan pastries), Gelato and Granita, oh I can go on and on!
4. London (England)-- I like this multicultural metropolis. It has a vibrancy and a personality all its own. And every time I go there I canât help but gorge on fish and chips, steak and kidney pie, shepherds pie, bangers and mash, Sunday roast, Cheshire cheese, Yorkshire pudding, and trifle. I had one of the best dining experience here. So definitely it has to be among the Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World.
I am a bit partial to Gordon Ramsay at 68 Royal City Avenue, Petrus, The Gun, Pasha and BoxWood. They are just perfect for delicious food!
5. New York City-- I am a huge fan of Manhattan Clam Chowder, the New York Bagel, the New York Hot Dog, the New York Deli Sandwich, New York style pizza, New York Cheesecake, New York Egg Cream and the Waldorf Salad. From street food to five star dining and cuisines from every corner of the globe, New York has it all.
Picking Top 5 Gourmet Cities Of The World is the toughest job believe me! There are a lot of cities in the world with luscious local treats, incredible food markets and exquisite eateries.. and then there's a lot more to travel, a lot more to learnâ¦