Orange And Lemon Snow Aspic
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , unbeaten|
|Orange||1 , rind grated|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated|
1) In a small saucepan, add in gelatine, salt and sugar. Pour in 1/2 cup of orange juice.
2) Cook the mixture over a low flame while stirring constantly, till the gelatine has dissolved completely.
3) Take the pan off the flame. Add in the rest of the orange juice and lemon juice. Chill the mixture till it resembles the consistency of an unbeaten egg white.
4) Next, add in the unbeaten egg whites, grated lemon and orange rinds into the chilled gelatine mixture.
5) Beat the mixture using an electric beater to work up a nice foam.
6) Transfer the mixture into individual small moulds or a glass dessert dish. Chill till the aspic becomes firm.
7) For garnish, add thawed berries over the dessert or pour custard sauce on top.