Orange Seed Strips
|Powdered milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw sugar/Sucanat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Safflower oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , reserve 1 white|
|Orange extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease two cookie sheets.
2. In a food processor, blend all the ingredients except sunflower and sesame seeds using the steel blade of the processor and on and off button.
3. Prepare dough by running the processor for another minute. Remember to scrape down the side of the work bowl with a spatula once or twice after stopping it.
4. Add sunflower and sesame seeds. Prepare dough by turning it on and off several times.
5. Make 4 balls from the dough and roll each into a 9-inch long rope.
6. In a cookie sheet, take this rope and press it to make it 4 inch wide.
7. In a bowl, take reserved egg white and 1-2 tablespoon water. Apply this to the rope.
8. Sprinkle sesame seeds over it and bake it for around 30 minutes or until it is nicely browned and aromatic.
9. To serve cut Orange Seed Strips into 2-inch strips.