Pepper and Orange Stir Fry
|Walnuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Peppers||2 , deseeded and diced|
|Courgettes||4 Medium, wiped and sliced|
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce, wiped (225 Gram)|
|Orange||1 , segmented|
|For the sauce|
|Orange||1 , squeezed|
|Walnut oil/Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seed||1 Teaspoon|
|Arrow root||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
1. Toast the walnut pieces lightly for a minute microwave or grill them for about 2-3 minutes, and turn them once during the grilling to avoid burning
2. Take a wok or frying pan, heat some oil and add garlic.
3. Fry the garlic briskly for few seconds, add courgettes and pepper.
4. Cook for 2 more minutes, stir in mushrooms, and cook for 3 more minutes.
5. Stir in toasted walnuts and orange pieces and cook for a minute.
6. In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients together and pour them into the pan.
7. Stir the mixture well, and cook until the sauce slightly thickens, and vegetables turn soft. Cook them by placing a lid over it.
8. Season the dish and top it with watercress and continue cooking until the leaves start wilting.
9. Serve the pepper and orange stir fry immediately with freshly steamed rice.