|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. In a saucepan mix well combining sugar, corn syrup and orange juice.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
4. With a wooden spoon beat until mixture just begins to thicken.
5. Stir in pecans and orange rind.
6. Working rapidly, drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and let it cool.
7. Serve the pecans as snacks, with beverages or use in other preparations if desired.