|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. In a saucepan mix well combining sugar, corn syrup and orange juice.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
4. With a wooden spoon beat until mixture just begins to thicken.
5. Stir in pecans and orange rind.
6. Working rapidly, drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and let it cool.
7. Serve the pecans as snacks, with beverages or use in other preparations if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2985 Calories from Fat 1871
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 223 g342.9%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g129%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 11.9 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 262 g87.2%
Dietary Fiber 28.5 g114%
Sugars 222.4 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 79.9%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 42.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet