|Sunflower oil/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low fat vanilla yogurt||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
2. Using a sieve, sift flour with salt and soda.
3. In a large mixing bowl, put together margarine, yogurt, sugar and vanilla; beat until creamy.
4. Add sifted flour and orange rind; blend until smooth to form a dough.
5. By hands, shape dough into a smooth ball.
6. Using waxed paper, wrap dough ball and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
7. On a clean lightly floured surface or rolling board, roll out the dough until 1/4 inch thick.
8. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out the dough.
9. Over an ungreased baking sheets, place them and brush with egg white.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden brown in color.
11. Serve warm Orange Treats as snacks.
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36 mg12%
Sodium 216.2 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet