Candied Orange Peel
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Orange flavor gelatin||6 Ounce|
1) Slice the rind of each orange in quarters with a paring knife and peel off.
2) In a large saucepan, place the orange rind.
3) Stream in the cold water until, it covers the rind.
4) Bring the rind mixture to boil.
5) Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Pour off the water and drain well.
7) Stream in fresh water and simmer 5 minutes.
8) Pour off the water and drain well.
9) Gently scrape off the white membrane from rind with the tip of a teaspoon.
10) Slice the rind into thin even strips.
11) In the same saucepan, place together sugar, water, and corn syrup.
12) Simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
13) Fold in orange rind.
14) Simmer, stirring often from bottom of pan for 30 minutes, or until rind is almost transparent and syrup is absorbed. drain.
15) Pour off the cooking liquid and drain well.
16) In a large shallow pan spread gelatin, gently roll strips while still warm, one at a time, to coat generously.
17) Arrange the rind strips on wire racks and allow to stand until dry.
18) Store in a loosely covered container.
19) Use as desired, to garnish desserts or beverages.