Ginger Orange Mold
|Lemon gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Or As Needed)|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
1) In a medium-size bowl, place together gelatin, onion powder, and ginger.
2) Whisk in boiling water until gelatin dissolves.
3) Pour off syrup from mandarin-orange segments into a 1-cup measure.
4) Stir in cold water in the orange syrup to make 1 cup.
5) Stir the water-syrup mixture into gelatin mixture.
6) Place in the refrigerator and chill for about 45 minutes, or until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
7) Lightly fold in orange segments and water chestnuts.
8) Stream into a 4-cup mould.
9) Refrigerate for several hours, or until firm.
10) When ready to serve, unmold onto a serving plate.
11) Prepare the base of chicory or curly endive, if desired.
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.09 g0.15%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.07%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 90.1 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.7%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet