Vegan Orange Oatcakes
|Wholemeal flour||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Rolled oats||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Vegan margarine||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce (85 gram)|
|Orange||1 Large, rind grated|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Grease two oven trays.
3. Mix vegan margarine, soft brown sugar and syrup and beat it thoroughly.
4. Mix wholemeal flour and oats.
5. Add water and mix it well.
6. Add orange peel.
7. In a shallow tin, take the above contents and cook it until done.
8. Keep it aside so that it cools.
9. Cut it into the shape of a square or a cookie.
10. In two greased oven trays, put the above mixture in small heaps. Flatten it lightly with a knife and leave it reasonably thick. This should make around 18 oatcakes.
10. Bake it at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4) for 20-25 minutes.
12. Serve Vegan Orange Oatcakes with a dollop of cream.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.4 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet