|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Sifted)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Packet|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crisco||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
1. In a saucepan, put together milk, water, sugar, Crisco and salt; heat until just until warm; occasionally stir to melt Crisco.
2. In a mixer bowl, mix 1 3/4 cups flour and yeast.
3. Add wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredient mixture.
4. Add in orange peel and egg.
5. Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed for ½ a minute; constantly scrape sides of bowl to blend well.
6. Then, beat at high speed for 3 minutes,
7. Gradually add remaining flour and mix well with hands to form a dough.
8. In a greased bowl, place dough and turn once to grease surface.
9. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
10. Remove the dough from refrigerator, about 2 hours before serving.
11. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit before baking.
12. Divide the dough into half and roll each half into a 9 inch wide circle.
13. Cut into 12 equal strips.
14. Starting from the wider end, roll up each strip.
15. Place on a greased baking dish with the seam side down.
16. Let it stand for 1 ¼ hours in a warm place for until it doubles in size.
17. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
18. In a saucepan, mix together 1 1/2 cups confectioner-€™s sugar, 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel and orange juice; add orange juice to achieve desired consistency.
19. In a plate, serve warm rolls and drizzle orange glaze over the top.