Plum Orange Ice
|Plums||1 1⁄2 Pound (About 10 Medium)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Halve, pit and puree the plums in a food processor.
2) In a medium saucepan, combine the plum puree, honey and orange juice together.
3) Bring to a boil, simmer over a low heat for 2 minutes, keep aside to cool.
4) Stir in the vanilla and orange extracts.
5) In an ice cream maker, process the mixture as per directions.
6) Alternately, in a bowl, turn the mixture, cover and freeze until thickened.
7) Remove from the freezer, beat and return to freezer.
8) Repeat this procedure twice and lastly turn into two 1-quart containers and freeze.
9) Serve the frozen Plum Orange Ice on dessert plates.
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.48 g0.74%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 0.94 g1.9%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 28.1%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet