Orange Turnip Melange
|Vegetable cooking spray||1 (As Required)|
|Peeled and grated turnips||1 Pound|
|Carrots||2 Medium, scraped and grated|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium sized skillet, coat with vegetable spray. Add margarine.
2. Once hot, add onion, carrots and turnips and sautÃ© on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add rest of the ingredients (except parsley) and mix well.
4. Cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Transfer on to a serving platter, garnish with parsley and serve hot.