|Frozen whipped dessert topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. To prepare the orange cut a thin slice off bottom of each orange to make it sit flat.
2. Cut off tops of oranges a fourth of the way down.
3. Remove tops and discard.
4. Carefully scoop out pulp, reserving pulp, juice and shells and discard seeds.
5. In blender container place orange pulp and orange juice.
6. With cover blend till pureed.
7. Stir in whipped dessert topping, pour into 2-cup freezer tray and freeze the mixture till firm
8. In a bowl beat egg white with cream of tartar and vanilla till soft peaks form and gradually add sugar, beating till stiff peaks form.
9. In a separate bowl, thoroughly beat egg yolk and gently fold beaten egg yolk into stiffly beaten egg white mixture.
10. To ease the frozen orange mixture break it up and spoon into orange shells.
11. Cover with meringue mixture, sealing to edges of oranges all around and bake at 500° till lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes.
12. Serve as a snack or dessert.