|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , grated peel|
|Thin skinned oranges||4 , peeled and sliced|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange flavored liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Remove the core and eyes from the pineapple and set them aside.
2. Slice the pineapple into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Peel and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Dissolve the sugar in the water. Add the grated lemon peel and the reserved pineapple core and eyes. Simmer for 10 minutes and strain, discarding the solids.
4. Poach the orange slices in the syrup for 10 minutes. Remove the orange slices with a slotted spoon and set them aside. Let the poaching syrup cool.
5. Layer 3 orange slices overlapping on each pineapple slice.
6. Add the brandy to the poaching syrup and cook until the syrup is light amber colored.
7. Sprinkle the layered fruit with the liqueur, spoon the syrup over, and sprinkle with the almonds. Chill until serving time.