|Light corn syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon (Of 1 Orange)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectionery sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Food coloring||3 Drop|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Take 2 to 3 cookie sheets and grease with butter.
3. With a wooden spoon, beat butter and sugar to a creamy mixture. Mix in syrup, orange rind and egg yolk and beat well.
4. Sieve flour along with baking powder and cream of tartar on creamed mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold in to prepare a soft dough.
5. Divide the dough into 36 marble-sized balls.
6. Arrange on the cookies sheets, well apart from each other.
7. Place above the oven center and bake for 20 minutes or till balls rise slightly and are light colored.
8. Take out, transfer to a wire rack and cool thoroughly.
9. Take a bowl, add butter and whip to soft.
10. Mix in sifted confectioners' sugar along with orange juice sufficient to prepare the filling. Take care to avoid filling becoming too aoft.
11. Add pale orange food color to the filling.
12. Spread filling on 18 of the cookies. Place the other 18 on each of the filling spread cookies and press slightly to sandwich them.
13. Serve immediately.