|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Self rising flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange flavored butter cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectionery sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Take 12 muffin or cupcake pans and butter them.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter until soft, then add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
4. Add the beaten egg.
5. In another bowl, sift the flour and salt and add the orange rind
6. Fold the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the orange juice.
7. Using a teaspoon, fill the pans to half their depth.
8. In the preheated oven, bake just above the center at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or until well risen and golden.
9. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack.
10. Cut a thin slice from the top of each cupcake and pipe or spoon in a little butter cream.
11. Cut each top slice in half and insert these vertically in the butter cream to resemble the wings of butterflies.
12. Before serving, dust with sifted confectioners' sugar.