Sole With Oranges
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce|
|French dressing||2 Tablespoon|
1) Finely grate the rind from an orange.
2) Preheat oven at 425 °F
4) Sprinkle sole fillets with the lemon juice and the juice of half an orange.
5) Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6) Sprinkle grated rind on fish.
7) Roll fillets beginning at the wide end. Secure with wooden cocktail picks or toothpicks.
8) Grease an ovenproof dish with butter and arrange fillets in it.
9) Sprinkle the juice of half an orange on the fish.
10) Dot with butter. Cover the dish with buttered waxed paper or foil.
11) Bake in oven at the center for about 12 minutes till fillets are tender but firm.
12) Take out the dish and keep aside to cool.
13) In a shallow serving dish place cold fillets and take out toothpicks.
14) Pour juice and grated rind of orange, drop by drop to the mayonnaise.
15) Coat fillets with it
16) Season with paprika. Halve anchovies and arrange over each fillet.
17) Peel remaining oranges, take off pith and with sharp serrated knife cut them into thin round slices.
18) Plunge orange slices in the French dressing. Garnish over the fillets or serve separately.
19) Serve with a blanched, sliced zucchini, strips of red and green pepper, and onion rings.