Gingered Orange Slices
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger brandy/1 teaspoon crystallized ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Slivered crystallized ginger||2 Teaspoon|
1) With the help of a paring knife, peel the oranges and remove as much white pith as possible. Cut the oranges crosswise into slices which are 1/2-inch thick. Keep aside.
2) In a large saute pan placed over medium heat, combine together the orange juice with ginger brandy or 1 teaspoon of crystallized ginger and bring to a boil.
3) In the meantime, in a measuring cup combine the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir and dissolve the cornstarch.
4) To the pan, add the cornstarch mix and cook over low flame for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5) To the pan, add the orange slices and turn the slices to coat with the sauce. Cook for 1 minute or till the ingredients have thoroughly heated.
6) Among 4 dessert plates, divide the orange slices. Sprinkle with the silvered crystallized ginger.
7) Serve immediately.
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.11 g0.17%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.06%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.8 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 0.71 g1.4%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 78%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet