Gingered Orange Slices
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger brandy/1 teaspoon crystallized ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Slivered crystallized ginger||2 Teaspoon|
1) With the help of a paring knife, peel the oranges and remove as much white pith as possible. Cut the oranges crosswise into slices which are 1/2-inch thick. Keep aside.
2) In a large saute pan placed over medium heat, combine together the orange juice with ginger brandy or 1 teaspoon of crystallized ginger and bring to a boil.
3) In the meantime, in a measuring cup combine the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir and dissolve the cornstarch.
4) To the pan, add the cornstarch mix and cook over low flame for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5) To the pan, add the orange slices and turn the slices to coat with the sauce. Cook for 1 minute or till the ingredients have thoroughly heated.
6) Among 4 dessert plates, divide the orange slices. Sprinkle with the silvered crystallized ginger.
7) Serve immediately.