Orange Pecan Cookies
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Heat oven moderately to a temperature of 350°F.
2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with butter.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method, cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar and cream together till fluffy.
5) Continue beating with egg, orange rind and orange juice mixed together.
6) Blend in creamed mixture and beat till mixed well.
7) For the Food Processor Method, begin with chopping pecans using the appropriate blade.
8) Keep aside.
9) In workbowl put one orange rind and one half teaspoon of the sugar
10) Blend till orange rind breaks to fine pieces. Leave in the workbowl.
11) Using metal blade cream.
12) Add sugar and process until fluffy.
13) While the processor is running add egg and orange juice and process well.
14) In a large bowl mix thoroughly remaining ingredients.
15) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
16) Blend pecans with a pulse.
17) Knead dough and make balls 1" in diameter.
18) On the cookies sheets place the balls and press to the size of silver dollars
19) Put in preheated oven to bake for 10-12 minutes till golden.
20) Shift to wire racks and let it cool.
21) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.