Orange Poppy Hamantaschen
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, 1/2 cup sugar, oil, 2 eggs, orange zest, and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Remove from processor, form into a ball, and knead a few times. Dough should not be sticky.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine poppy seeds, walnuts, raisins, honey, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, and remaining egg. Pulse until well mixed. Do not overprocess; filling should have texture, not be smooth.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface or between pieces of wax paper, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 2 1/4-inch round biscuit cutter or an inverted glass, cut dough into circles. Reroll and cut scraps.
4. Place 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each circle. To form tricornered shape, fold 2 sides of circle over filling, then fold up bottom to form a triangle. Firmly pinch edges together. Place about 1 1/2 inches apart oh greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden. Remove to a rack and let cool completely.