Cacao With Orange Cream
|For the chocolate base|
|Coconut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raw cacao powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yacon syrup/Other sweetners||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Himalayan salt||1 Dash|
|For the orange cream|
|Cashew nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked 4 -6 hours|
|Raw blue agave||4 Tablespoon|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||5 Tablespoon|
|For the topping|
|Unsweetened coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs), shavings (dried coconut)|
|Beet juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. For the chocolate base: In a blender, add the coconut butter, coconut oil, raw cacao powder, yacon syrup and salt. Blend this mixture starting at a low speed and increasing it to high speed.
2. Once done, transfer the mixture onto a baking tray with cellophane paper and spread this chocolate base about 1/4 inch thick. Refrigerate this tray for about 2 hours or until solid.
3. For the Orange Cream: In a blender, add the cashew nuts, raw blue agave, coconut oil, dates, orange zest and vanilla essence. Blend this mixture for about 1 minute.
4. Pour orange juice in the blender and continue blending until smooth. Set it aside.
5. For the topping: In a bowl, add and combine together the dried coconut with beet juice and agave. Toss the coconut shavings until well coated.
6. Take the tray with the chilled chocolate bark and evenly coat it with a layer of the orange cream. Top this layer with orange zest and evenly coat it with the coconut shavings. Refrigerate it for about 1 hour before serving.
7. Slice the orange cream cacao bark into 1 inch cubes and serve chilled.
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.1 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet