|Soft shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Orange extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Start heating oven to 375Â° F.
2. Cream shortening with salt until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar. Add egg; beat well. Blend in orange extract, then flour.
3. Drop, by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 10 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
5. Let stand 1 or 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool. If desired, while cookies are still warm, sprinkle with granulated sugar. Makes 4 dozen.