Christmas is in less than one month and Sonia cooks a side dish which goes well with any dish on your holiday table: the sweet and sour onions!
500 Gram, peeled
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan add the sugar, and cook until slightly golden brown,
then add balsamic vinegar stir and let it evaporate a bit, after that add the onions.
Now that the balsamic vinegar has reduced.
2. Add the onions stir then let it simmer with a lid on for 40 minutes on a low flame after half the cooking time, check if you need to add some hot water or vegetable broth.
3. Then let them simmer uncovered, until the onions are cooked. The cooking time depends on the size of the onions, so remember to check them.
4. A few minutes before removing the onions from the heat, add some salt.
5. Serve together with roast meat or fish.