This is part of our fried foods video. When you fry food at home they can be healthier. I recommend safflower or sunflower oil. Make sure the oil is heated properly before frying and please dispose the oil after use. Try these thin, fried onion rings as a side dish, on sandwiches, burgers and salads. They're great on mashed potatoes. When you cook for yourself you can Save Money, Eat Healthier, Live Greener and Have Fun!
2 Large, cut into rings (slice thickly)
2 Cup (32 tbs), seasoned
Safflower oil/Sunflower oil
2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)
1. Cut the onions into significant slices.
2. Add the 2 cups of seasoned flour to a ziplock bag.
3. Toss the sliced onions into the ziplock bag and toss.
4. Take the onions out of the ziplock bag and dust off extra flour.
5. Heat oil in a large frying pan or deep-fat fryer to 375 degree-400 degree F.
6. Add the onions to the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve these frizzled onions as a side dish, on sandwiches, burgers or salads.