1) Cut the scallions into 3- or 4-inch long pieces.
2) To create the brush, into the green end, make 1-inch cut.
3) Roll the onion and make another 1-inch cut, perpendicular to the first.
4) Repeat for three and four cuts.
5) To make a double brush, do the other end of the scallion the same way.
6) Dip the scallions into ice water, and after a minute or two the ends will curl attractively.
7) Curls may last up to a week.
8) Garnish the scallion brushes in salads or on side with grilled meats.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 96 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.57 g0.88%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 48 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 59.8% Vitamin C 94%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet