Crumb Baked Onions
|Yellow onions||8 Medium, peeled|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||4|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Ground pepper||1 Dash|
|For the crumb topping:|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packaged)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Into a large saucepan, add in the peeled onions, bouillon cubes and 2 quarts water.
3) Let the mixture come to a boil.
4) Turn down the heat, cover the pan and cook for about 30 minutes.When the onions become tender, drain them.
5) In a shallow baking pan, spread 3 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle paprika and pepper over the butter.
6) Add in the onions and toss them around to mix well with the seasoned butter.
7) Bake the onions for 10 minutes.
8) For the crumb topping, mix together breadcrumbs, butter, salt and thyme in a small bowl.
9) Sprinkle the crumb topping over the onions. Continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
10) Serve the Baked Onions hot alongside grilled meat and vegetables.
Calories 120 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 613.2 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0.45%
Calcium 1% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet