|Minced meat/Sausage meat||2 Tablespoon, cold|
|Dripping||2 Ounce (For Baking)|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 375° F.
2. In a saucepan boil water and add onions. Partly cook the onions.
3. Drain out onions from water.
4. Scoop out the center of onion leaving a big hole to take 1/4 of the filling.
5. In a saucepan melt butter, add meat, crumbs, seasoning and the chopped centres of the onions.
6. Spoon the mixture into the onions, leaving a surplus on top.
7. Pin a greased paper band 1 1/2" deep round each onion.
8. In a baking tin heat dripping and put the onions in it. Baste well.
9. Cook in the top of oven for 3/4-1 hour until cooked.
10. Discard the pins and the paper band.
11. Serve with gravy or sauce.