Marie's Quick Onion Pot Roast
Lean Beef Pot Roast (chuck or round)- 3 pounds, fat trimmed away
All-Purpose Flour- 3 tablespoons, mixed to a paste, in 3 tablespoons cold water
1) In the bottom of the slow cooker, dredge the onion soup mix.
2) Place the pot roast in the soup mix.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 hours or over high heat for 5 hours.
4) Using a ladle skim the fat from the surface.
5) Spoon 1/4 cup of gravy from cooker into a saucepan.
6) Stir the flour-water paste, in the gravy.
7) Simmer the gravy, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
8) Pour the gravy mixture into meat mixture.
9) Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
10) Remove the meat from the gravy, and slice the meat.
11) Place the meat slice in the serving dish and spoon the gravy over it, serve hot.