|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pickling onions||2 Pound, peeled (Small)|
|Stock/Red wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a casserole dish, heat the butter and oil and sautÃ© the onions until browned.
3) Stir in the stock or wine, bouquet grani and seasoning.
4) Put the lid on and cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the onions are tender.
5) Take the casserole from the oven and discard bouquet garni.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Allow the onions to cool and place in a plastic container.
7) Seal, label and freeze the container until needed.
8) Serve hot as desired.
9) If using the frozen onion mixture, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
10) In a saucepan, reheat stirring occasionally until heated through.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 8.