Onions And Peppers With Rigatoni
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced and separated into rings|
|Red bell peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into narrow strips (about 1 1/2 medium)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Don't rely on the package for correct cooking time. Start timing when the water returns to a boil. Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes.
3. In a saucepan, heat oil and add onion rings; cook over medium low heat for about 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned,
4. Add pepper strips and chicken broth; bring the mixture to boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for about 4 minutes or until peppers are just crisp-tender
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Place pasta on serving plate; top with onion-pepper mixture.
8. Garnish with few bell pepper rings.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the macaroni to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.