Celeriac With Onions
|Celeriac||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pork drippings/Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Peel celeriac and cut into 1/8 inch slices.
2) Blanch them into boiling salted water with the lemon juice for 5 minutes, then drain.
3) Peel onions and finely chop them.
4) In a large skillet, heat half the butter and all the drippings or oil.
5) Add onions and celeriac and cook till onions are transparent,
6) With tongs, keep turning the celeriac over once, but take care not to break up the soft slices.
7) Tilt the pan, sprinkle the flour over the fat and stir.
8) Stir in broth and seasoning.
9) Move the pan to distribute the liquids evenly, then cover and cook over a very low heat for 30 minutes.
10) In a warmed serving dish, transfer the celeriac.
11) Strain the cooking juices, add remaining butter and seasoning to taste and pour the sauce over the celeriac.
12) Serve the celeriac with onions as a side dish in your dinner.