Grilled Onion Brochettes
|Small onions||1 Pound, unpeeled|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a pot, place the onions with enough water to cover.
2) Now, boil the onions in the water for 10 minutes, until just soft.
3) Drain thoroughly. Keep aside until cool enough to handle.
4) Once cooled, peel the onions, leaving the root end intact. This helps the layers to hold together. Trim off root hairs, if any.
5) Now, in a large bowl, mix together the onions, lemon juice, oil, and thyme.
6) Marinate this for at least 1 hour.
7) Onto metal skewers, thread the onions.
8) Broil the onions about 4 inches from the heat. Turn the skewers often, until the onions attain the color of mahogany.
9) You can serve Grilled Onion Brochettes as a side dish or as a topping for grilled steaks, chicken or fish.