|Onions||2 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Corn oil||1 Teaspoon|
1) Into a cured heavy iron skillet, pour the corn oil.
2) Now, with a paper towel, wipe the oil from the inner surface of the skillet.
3) Over medium heat, place the skillet.
4) Then, add the sliced onions.
5) Cook for 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
6) Now, reduce the heat and continue to cook for 30 minutes, stirring in between. Cook for a little longer if required, to lightly brown the onions.
7) You can use this as a garnish on steaks, chops, meat patties, or chicken. Refrigerate the leftover onions and use later, after reheating.