Steam Stirred Red Onions
|Red onions||2 Large|
|Medium unsulfured molasses||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Remove the skins of the onion and cut them into long and thin slices.
2) In a heavy-bottomed pan, over medium heat, place the onions in a pan.
3) Add few ttablespoons of water in the pan.
4) Add molasses and tamari and cover steam the onions.
5) Stir ocassionally.
6) Steam until tender.
7) Calf liver may also be added to the onions to make a nice side dish.
8) It is required to steam the liver until tender just before adding to the onions.
7) Serve the onions alone or with combined with liver as a side dish.
Calories 119 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g0.01%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 140.1 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 6% Iron 0.66%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet