Barbecued Game Birds
|Game birds||2 (Partridge, Grouse, Quail, Etc.)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Onions||2 Small, quartered|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Clean the birds thoroughly and rinse in cold water.
2) Pat dry on kitchen towels.
3) Rub inside and out with garlic and salt.
4) Place an onion, celery top and parsley sprig into each cavity.
5) Shake oil, lemon juice and rind, Tabasco sauce, onion juice and thyme in a wide-mouth jar.
6) Arrange the birds on a rack in a covered roasting pan.
7) Place in hot oven and bake at 375°F. Baste the birds several times, every 10 minutes, when baking.
8) You can also choose to grill over faintly glowing coals till thoroughly done and tender.
9) Serve hot.
Calories 826 Calories from Fat 547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.7%
Saturated Fat 15 g75.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.9 mg113.6%
Sodium 322.2 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 59 g117.7%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet