Green Bean And Onion Salad
|Green beans||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large|
|Scallions||3 Small (Or 2 Large)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Take a saucepan that is fitted with collapsible vegetable steamer. Add 2 1/2 cm (1 inch) of water and bring it to boil.
2. Add beans, pepper, and scallions under cold running water.
3. Discard the strings from beans and trim ends.
4. In a saucepan, steam the beans, covered for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender.
5. In the meantime, wash pepper and core the seed through stem end, leaving shell intact.
6. Slice pepper shell into thin rings and keep them aside.
7. Place beans in colander and refresh them under running water.
8. Cut the scallions into thin rings.
9. Add lemon juice to measure 3 1/2 teaspoons juice.
10. Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons for oranges recipe.
11. Take a small mixing bowl and mix together 2 teaspoons lemon juice, wine vinegar, and mustard.
12. Stir in olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
13. Take a flat serving bowl and place the well-drained beans in it.
14. Toss the dressing and scallions.
15. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let it marinate for 15 minutes before serving.
16. Assemble in groups of beans in small bundles.
17. Take chilled serving platters and line it with lettuce leaves.
18. Place the bundles on platter.
19. Sprinkle scallions and dressing over the bundles. Serve.