Onion Cheese Bites
|Baguette slices||12 (Diagonal Slices, 3/4-Inch/2 Cm Thick, French Sticks)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese/Freshly grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped sweet red pepper||1 Tablespoon|
1) In small bowl, combine cheese, onion, mayonnaise and red pepper and mix thoroughly and this cheese mixture can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 24 hours.
2) Place bread slices on the baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes or just until lightly browned and toasts can be made prior and stored in airtight container for up to 24 hours.
3) Now turn the toasts.
4) Evenly spread heaping of cheese mixture1 tsp,say 5 mL on untoasted side of slices and sprinkle pepper on top.
5) Broil 6 inches,say 15 cm from heat, observing keenly for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
6) Serve hot as the cheese melts.