Guinness Beer-Battered Onion Rings
|Vidalia onions||2 Large|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic pepper seasoning salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra stout beer||12 Ounce|
|Canola oil||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Separate sliced onions into rings, transfer to bowl and cover with buttermilk.
2. Combine 1 cup flour, garlic pepper and salt in a bowl and stir to blend.
3. Combine another 1 cup flour and beer in a separate bowl and whisk to blend.
4. Heat oil in deep heavy pan or deep fryer to 350°F.
5. Working in small batches; remove onions from buttermilk and drain. Dredge in seasoned flour; shake excess. Dip in beer batter; drain excess.
6. Carefully lower onion rings, one at a time, into hot oil (do not overcrowd) and deep fry until golden brown, turning several times during frying with tongs. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
7. Repeat process with remaining onion rings.
8. Season with salt, if desired. Serve hot.
Calories 5044 Calories from Fat 4022
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 455 g700%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.4%
Trans Fat 1.8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1797.4 mg74.9%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g69.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.5%
Sugars 42.3 g
Protein 37 g73.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 140%
Calcium 30.5% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet