Guinness Beer-Battered Onion Rings
|Vidalia onions||2 Large|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic pepper seasoning salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra stout beer||12 Ounce|
|Canola oil||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Separate sliced onions into rings, transfer to bowl and cover with buttermilk.
2. Combine 1 cup flour, garlic pepper and salt in a bowl and stir to blend.
3. Combine another 1 cup flour and beer in a separate bowl and whisk to blend.
4. Heat oil in deep heavy pan or deep fryer to 350°F.
5. Working in small batches; remove onions from buttermilk and drain. Dredge in seasoned flour; shake excess. Dip in beer batter; drain excess.
6. Carefully lower onion rings, one at a time, into hot oil (do not overcrowd) and deep fry until golden brown, turning several times during frying with tongs. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
7. Repeat process with remaining onion rings.
8. Season with salt, if desired. Serve hot.